Family Reading Time (ages 0-5 years old)
Parents, read 5 books a week to your child. Complete 8 paper sheets from the Library, or complete 8 badges online with Beanstack, to be entered in the drawing for an Amazon gift card.
Cozy Up with a Good Book (youth in grades 6-12)
Read 5 books & write a review about them online with Beanstack, or on paper sheets from the Library, to be entered in the drawing for an Amazon gift card.
How it works:
- Visit Beanstack or download the Beanstack Tracker app
- Register for a family or individual account and add readers
- Your card number is required. Use the letter “P” in front of your number, and if needed, add zeroes in front to make a total of 6 digits. Example: P00001.
- Log reading and activities
- Earn badges and prizes along the way!
This reading program was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.
Open normal hours:
- No more than 10 patrons in the library at a time.
- Practice social distancing & respect others space.
- Computers for business use, by appointment.
- Family story time available by appointment.
- Curbside service for those who prefer.
For more information, you may call 417-345-2647, or follow the library Facebook page. As always, digital resources like e-Books & Audios and learning databases are available 24/7.
Friends of the Dallas County Library, 211 W. Main, Buffalo, Missouri, is a nonprofit group that meets at 2 p.m. the first Monday of each month, unless that is a holiday, in the used bookstore next to the library. Annual dues are $5.00. A book discussion group meets after the meeting. Books are available at the library, and participants do not have to be a Friends of the Library member to participate, but do need a valid Dallas County Library card.
The store is open from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Thursdays, and 9:00 a.m. to noon each Saturday. A large selection of gently used hardback and paperback books, audio and video tapes and puzzles, is available at low prices. These materials cover a wide range of interest and ages. Stock is updated frequently so there are always many new items from which to choose. Children’s books and magazines are free of charge. Volunteers are available to answer questions and assist in finding materials. All proceeds benefit the Dallas County Library.
Contact the library for more information: 417-345-2647